May 2022 | Closing Out the Year at JLC’s 102nd Annual Meeting
The closing of the Junior League of Cincinnati’s 102nd year took place during our Annual Meeting at Mojave East on Tuesday, May 17, 2022. The Membership Engagement Committee, chaired by Casey Burleigh and Meg Anacker, planned this wonderful event, with breezy casual attire, a Southwestern menu and a bake-off competition. Members were asked to wear specific colors based on their current roles: New Members wore red, outgoing EMT and Board Members wore pink, blue or purple, and all other attendees wore white, creating a rainbow of celebration across the venue.
The evening included a sweet farewell to our outgoing President, Tara J. Mosley, who will continue on the board next year as Immediate Past President. We also welcomed our incoming President, Kate Fortlage, whose term begins on June 1, 2022.
We would also like to recognize our outgoing 2021-2022 Board and EMT leaders:
- Kelly Barber: Nominating Chair
- Myrkol Bolden: Co-VP, Sustainers
- Erica Burns: VP, Finance
- Judy Dalambakas: Board Member, At Large – a 6-year tenure!
- Andrea Henderson: Co-VP, Sustainers
- Pam Long: VP, Membership
- Nazly Mamedova: VP, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (DEIB)
- Sam Zehnder: VP, Communications
Thank you to all of these incredible women for their years of service in these positions! We look forward to watching you succeed in your next roles.
Additionally, we would like to congratulate this year’s award winners:
- Community Impact Award: CandO Committee
- Rising Star Award: Kamara Douglas
- Excellence in Training Award: Samantha Evans
- Shanon Marks New Member Award: Maddie Russell
- Jeanne Boyce Morrison President’s Award: Jeri Duncan
- Transformational Team Award: Future of JLC Membership Ad Hoc Committee
- Cookie Nowland Sustainer Award: Amelia Crutcher