#GivingTuesday is Here!
#GivingTuesday is a global movement that takes place on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving each year to create an international day of giving at the beginning of the holiday season. It is a response to the commercialization of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
The JLC is participating in #GivingTuesday as part of our Annual Fund campaign. JLC Members and supporters are encouraged to make an online contribution to our Annual Fund, then share the reasons they give on social media using the hashtags #GivingTuesday and #JLCincy.
- Supporting our community partnerships like Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank
- Recruiting and engaging a diverse group of talented New Members
- Our New Member educational bus tour named in honor of past President Linda Appleby highlighting the history of both our great city and our League for our New and Transfer Members
- Our award-winning Board Bank training program, cultivating civic leaders for nonprofit board service
- Our Emerging Leaders networking training for members nominated by the current leadership team
- Bring our trained female volunteers into the community through CandO events
- Affordable nonprofit rental rates at Columbia Center, ensuring our building has an impact larger than just our organization
Reflection & Celebration
As you’re planning your year-end philanthropy, please consider a gift to the Junior League’s Annual Fund Campaign. Your support is a direct investment in three key areas:
- Our members. We continue to be the region’s best provider of trained volunteers and JLC women fill the boards, committees and staffs of nearly every nonprofit in our city. Your support allows us to invest in things like an innovative new member curriculum that includes immersive experiences and leadership training opportunities, like our Board Bank training program.
- Our community impact. During the first year of our acceleration partnership with Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank, we are already seeing tremendous capacity building from our involvement. The result of an incredible needs assessment and RFP process, our involvement includes everything from providing womanpower to pack diapers, to co-hosting fundraising events, to advocating for policy changes that would alleviate diaper need, to planning for their future expansion beyond Cincinnati.
- Our future. For nearly 100 years, the JLC has been a volunteer powerhouse in our community. Your membership – and financial support – ensures that we’ll continue to be a backbone support for nonprofit organizations and low-income children and families for many years to come.
This holiday season, we are asking you to celebrate the Junior League of Cincinnati by making a donation to our Annual Fund Campaign
About the JLC Annual Fund
Our Annual Fund not only supports our existing programs, but also allows for security and sustainable growth of our organization. A gift to our Annual Fund is a true vote of confidence in the Junior League, and a demonstration that you believe in our mission of promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
Nonprofits rely on annual funding to balance yearly operating budgets, allow for extra programming that might not otherwise be realized, and to add a cushion in case something unexpected happens. Fundraising accounts for 30% of our annual budget; a successful and robust Annual Fund is critical for the Junior League of Cincinnati.