Today is the day! #GivingTuesday is a global movement that takes place on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving each year to create an international day of giving at the beginning of the holiday season. It is a response to the commercialization of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
The JLC is participating in #GivingTuesday as part of our Annual Fund campaign. JLC Members and supporters are encouraged to make an online contribution to our Annual Fund, then share the reasons they give on social media using the hashtags #GivingTuesday and #JLCincy.
- GrinUp! dental kits and educational expos for children and parents to experience hands-on learning about oral health
- RefugeeConnect volunteer training materials, potluck meals, and connections to resources for refugee families transitioning to Cincinnati
- Our New Member educational bus tour named in honor of past President Linda Appleby highlighting the history of both our great city and our League for our New and Transfer Members
- Our award-winning Board Bank training program, cultivating civic leaders for nonprofit board service
- Our Emerging Leaders networking training for newer JLC Members
- Affordable nonprofit rental rates at Columbia Center, ensuring our building has an impact larger than just our organization
Reflection & Celebration
The holiday season is a time of both reflection and celebration. Today, we reflect on nearly a century of service. Last year, we provided almost a thousand hours of volunteer service to the community. We organized more than 45 volunteer events, awarded educational scholarships to refugee students, opened our Inside the Grin pediatric oral health exhibit, and participated in the passage of the Fostering Connections Act.
And of course, we point with pride to more than 120 projects and organizations that have been incubated or impacted by the Junior League of Cincinnati — many of which continue to serve Cincinnati today. This holiday season, we are asking you to celebrate the Junior League of Cincinnati by making a donation to our Annual Fund Campaign.