It starts with a woman — it starts with you.
Founded in 1920, the Junior League of Cincinnati is part of a network of more than 291 Junior League Organizations across the globe. We are a 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization, whose members are dedicated to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
Our commitment has remained unwavering: to develop exceptionally qualified civic leaders who can identify a community’s most urgent and pressing needs and address them with meaningful and relevant programs and initiatives that not only improve lives, but change the way people think.
We point with pride to nearly 120 programs that we have incubated or impacted, including numerous self-sustaining nonprofits that continue to grow and thrive today. This important work has won us dedicated community and corporate partners and loyal supporters for 100 years, as well as an enduring legacy as the community’s foremost provider in civic leadership training for women. (They don’t call us the Volunteer Powerhouse for nothing!)
Benefits of Membership
Training for effective community leadership and personal development
- Insight into community needs and strategies to dealing with them
- Exposure to the administration of nonprofit agencies
- Opportunities for utilizing your skills and for developing new ones
- Opportunities to volunteer in the community through well-organized projects
- Access to new friends and new ideas
- Membership meetings with educational speakers (community leaders, motivational speakers and others)
- Participation in exciting fundraisers and special events
- Ability to transfer your membership to Leagues in other cities if you move
As you consider your application, please give careful thought to our member qualifications. All JLC candidates should possess and demonstrate a commitment to:
- Community Service
- Bettering Our Community
- Developing Personal Potential to Affect Community Change
- All candidates for the incoming new member class must be at least 21 years of age. Please note, there is no maximum age to join the JLC.
- All candidates are required to uphold the responsibilities of membership and adhere to the JLC’s regulations, policies and procedures, as well as strive to fulfill the obligations asked of each member.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.