LISA HUBBARD NAMED 64TH PRESIDENT OF THE JUNIOR LEAGUE CINCINNATI
JLC Kicks Off Its 2013-2014 Year of Service
CINCINNATI, OH – SEPTEMBER 3, 2013 – Lisa Hubbard of Crestview Hills, Kentucky, has been appointed president of the Junior League of Cincinnati (JLC) for 2013-2014. Hubbard has been a member of the JLC since 2002 and has held numerous leadership positions, including co-chair of the JLC’s signature project, MindPeace, from 2002 to 2007.
“My vision for 2013-2014 is centered on back-to-basics as we head into our 94th year of service to the Greater Cincinnati community. We are refocusing our efforts connecting all of our work back to the three hubs of our mission: developing the potential of women, improving communities and promoting volunteerism,” said Lisa Hubbard, President of JLC.
Hubbard added: “We will launch new signature projects to address two critically important, unmet needs in our community. One focuses on refugee resettlement as we work to close the gap between services provided and the individuals’ immediate and long-term needs. The other addresses pediatric oral health needs in Greater Cincinnati, focusing on education and advocacy for comprehensive dental care. Proper oral hygiene impacts children throughout their lives. It is a surprisingly major problem throughout Greater Cincinnati.” Hubbard served as JLC Membership Vice President, Community Projects VP and a member of the Nominating Committee. She is currently Senior Staff Attorney for the Kentucky Court of Appeals and has been with the court for the past 16 years. She received a B.A. degree from Miami University in 1991 and was awarded a J.D. degree from the University of Kentucky College of Law in 1994. Born in Louisville, Kentucky, Hubbard grew up in Glendale, just north of Cincinnati.
In other action, JLC announced the appointment of the following persons to the organization’s Executive Board:
• Susan Shelton, President-Elect, of Hyde Park; Executive Director of MindPeace.
• Meredith Comin, VP/Communications, of Bellevue, Kentucky; Program Manager at Rockfish.
• Liane Szucs, VP/Community Impact, of Mt. Lookout; Controller at College of Mount St. Joseph.
• Pam Wise, VP/Finance, of Mt. Lookout; Director/General Accounting at The E.W. Scripps Company.
• Sarah Moore, VP/Fund Development, of Oakley; Marketing Director at ETHICON.
• Jennifer Reed, VP/Membership, of Hyde Park; volunteer at St. Mary’s School PTO and Pregnancy Center East.
• Tara Bonistall Noland, VP/Training and Development, of Clifton Heights; Director of Development at 4C for Children.
• Tammy Imhoff, Legal Advisor, of Mt. Washington; Attorney for Complex Litigation.
• Saralou Durham, Sustainer Advisor, of Newton; Realtor with the Hyde Park Office of RE/MAX Preferred.
• Sara Wildner, Recording Secretary, of Mt. Lookout; Speech/Language Pathologist for Genesis Rehab Services.
• Kate Fortlage, Special Projects, of Mt. Adams; Brand Manager for KAO USA.
The JLC Executive Board is selected by the Nominating Committee and elected by the general membership. The Executive Board is oversees the strategy and vision of the Junior League.
About the Junior League of Cincinnati:
The Junior League of Cincinnati has been a part of the Greater Cincinnati community for over 90 years and has almost 1,000 members across all social and professional strata. It is committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. As a service-based, non-profit organization, the Junior League of Cincinnati educates its members and the community about current public affairs to strengthen its ability to make an impact on the lives of those it serves.